(FAQ) Frequently asked questions
- How can I contact you?
You can contact me through my email address firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Us link. I will be more than happy to answer any questions regarding my work.
- How can I clean silver at home?
- Rinse the silver in warm water.
- Dry the silver with a soft cloth.
- Polish. There are a few different products that can be used to remove tarnish. If using a silver-cleaning cloth, rub the piece gently with a back-and-forth or up-and-down motion (not in circles.) Continue until no more tarnish rubs off onto the cloth. If using a silver-cleaning product, let silver sit in the liquid and swish around for a few seconds. Pat dry with a clean cloth.
- For jewelry with engraving or other intricate designs, work a little silver-cleaning paste or polish into the grooves with a cloth or, very gently, with a wet, soft-bristle toothbrush. To clean the main surfaces of the piece, rub gently with a back-and-forth or up-an-down motion (not in circles,) rinse, then blot dry with a clean, soft cloth.
Tip: Silver cleaners won't harm gold and platinum beads, but it won't clean them, either.
- How can I maintain my freshwater pearls and tagua nut beads?
- Do not use any hard cleaning material on your pearls as they might scratch. Do use mild soap, warm water and a hand-towel to clean.
- Do not expose your pearls or tagua nut beads to cosmetics, hairspray, or perfumes. Apply make-up and fragrances before putting on your jewelry.
- When storing pearls or tagua, please make sure that your jewelry is wrapped in tissue paper or any kind of soft paper, to keep them from being scratched.
- How can I clean silver-plated and gold-plated items at home?
- As silver and gold-plated beads may become tarnished over time, I recommend using any market cleaning products as they do a good job cleaning silver-and gold-plated items. Please make sure you follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Store your silver and gold-plated jewelry in a separate compartment in your jewelry box. There are many different types of compartmentalized storage boxes on the market.
- How long will it take you to custom design a quilt?
- To maintain the good quality of my products it will take me around 4 to 5 weeks to custom design a quilt. So make sure to order with plenty of lead time.
- How long will it take you to custom design table runners, place-mats, hot pot holders and coasters?
- Because most of my quilting is handmade it could take me around 3 to 4 weeks to custom design the items above.
- What type of fabrics do you usually use for your work and can I machine wash and dry them at home?
- Most of the time I use 100% cotton fabrics and 100% cotton threads for my work. All the fabrics have been pre-washed and pre-dried to avoid shrinkage.
- Most of my work can be machine washed in cold water, tumble dried on low heat and ironed warm if needed. You will find specific care instructions on each product.
- If you have any questions about my work, please feel free to contact me at any time. I will answer your questions as soon as possible.
- Can you ship your products outside the continental United States?
- Yes, we can ship outside the continental United States, but please make sure to contact me at email@example.com or the Contact Us link before placing your order.
- Is shipping inside the continental United States always free?
- Yes, shipping is always free inside the continental United States.
- Can I purchase multiple numbers of any one item?
- Because all my work is handmade and I want to maintain an exclusivity for my clients, I usually make only one of each item. However, depending on the availability of materials, I would be happy to discuss making additional copies for you.